Tuesday, July 04, 2006

We crashed that town, and now we're back!

I LOVE Ice Bat! Thanks, Aunt Kristin!
splash, splash!
infant marmocets.

...for a few weeks anyway.
So.. We did everything we set out to do in Mobile! We landed me a job as drama/math teacher at Murphy High School (still a little confused as to that which is going on there, but it should be fun regardless). We won't mention the run-a-round Alabama State is putting me through with their testing program. Basically, they want me to take 4 tests ( roughly $500 worth) because they aren't accepting my NY State tests. Well, I haven't given up that battle yet; a little "New York" goes a long way down there. We got a house near the university and my school (and there's a little park with a brand new playground LITERALLY a block away), and we found a childcare situation at a Montessori School nearby with which Jesse and I feel good. I think we must have looked at about 10 facilities, and I wouldn't put our cat Sylvia in the first few. We were beginning to stress out until we found this option, and I think it'll be good. We wanted to find something with some sort of enrichment program (as much as one could get at 8 months) hoping Ethan could get something from it as well.

Happy Fourth of July! I wish you all yummy cookouts and spectacular fireworks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home